Inspections allow you to group measurements to view them on a single control chart and configure the Vision MARK-1 with specific thresholds to return a Red, Yellow, or Green indicator to the operator making the measurement.
Create a New Inspection
To create a new inspection, click on inspections in the side navigation bar. On this page, click on new inspections. In the new inspection form, fill in the following content:
- Inspection Name: give some descriptive name for the inspection. This could be the name of the line that the material is measured on, the name of a work order, or simply just the name of the material being measured
- Description (optional): include more information about the inspection
- Analysis: the specific measurement being made (e.g. Solder Paste Fitness for Use or Conformal Coating Fitness for Use)
- Material: the specific material being measured
- Probe: the probe being used to make the measurement
- Optional Inspection Info: whether the Vision MARK-1 should request the material lot id and date code
- Control Limits (optional): the control limits that determine whether the measurement is red, yellow, or green
Note: the inspection analysis, material, and probe cannot be changed after configuring an inspection as changing any of these would make past data not comparable to future data.
View and Edit Inspections
List of Inspections
To view the list of current inspections, click on inspections in the side navigation bar. You can view information about a single inspection by clicking on the row in the table.
By default, MethodQC displays measurement data as an I Chart or Run Chart that shows the measurement data over time. You can hover over a measurement to view more details or click on a measurement to show all data about the measurement.
The I Chart has two different states:
- Center Measurement Data (Zoom In): adjusts the y axis so that the measurements are centered and easily visible. If the control limits are much wider than the data, this may now show all control limits
- View All Control Limits (Zoom Out): adjusts the y axis so that all control limits are visible
You can select between the two by clicking on the zoom button.
List of Measurements
You can also view the measurements within an inspection as a list. To view the measurements as a list, change the view selector to list.
Configure Control Limits
To edit the control limits of an existing Inspection, click on the gear icon to open the settings. Scroll down to the control limits section and you can update the control limits. The history of all past control limits is visible at the bottom of the settings page.
Note: this will not change the results for past measurements and is only effective for future measurements. MethodQC will always show exactly what was shown to the operator when they made the measurement so that it is an accurate log.
To export all measurements in an inspection as an excel document, click on the download button in the top right corner. In this excel document, the first page shows the inspection settings and each tab shows the details of a single measurement.